Monday, December 1, 2008

Senioritis?

I have turned into such a slacker. Dare I say I'm becoming one of those people I used to hate, the ones who seemingly do no work and still pull off a stellar academic performance. After all, grades looking good and clear skies abound the horizon straight through finals.

It's not that assignments ceased after October. Could I actually-gasp-be enjoying my schoolwork? By senior year you theoretically should be taking the most interesting, most relevant classes and I have finally embraced my journalism love. It also can't be a coincidence that this period of calm began immediately after submitting my grad school application. Or maybe it's just my new let-it-be, wait-and-see attitude toward life.

Can it really be happening? Is this what payoff feels like? I mean, after three long years of ass-busting I'm entitled to a little bit of coasting, wouldn't you say? And to think, I was under the impression that it took retirement to reap the fruits of your labor.

I really shouldn't be so cheery after getting just one hour of sleep last night. I woke up at 8:30 a.m. in a daze that didn't disappear until I reached the gym 30 minutes later. The sky this morning was gray and dreary and that combined with my foul mood promised a very crappy day. But four hours later the sun is shining directly onto my face and I'm filled with satisfaction. I really should be reading about photo stalking and wiretapping for media law. Or maybe I'll just continue continue to listen to Coldplay and surf e-Bay. Life is glorious.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License