Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Finished

Five minutes ago I e-mailed my last final exam, meaning, I'm done!

The finals rundown was this: One take-home final on libel, one final feature story, two extra credit book reports, one opinion piece and three opinion blog posts. Eight pieces of writing in all, the first four due on Tuesday, the latter four today.

In order to remove the temptation of snacking that overcame me whenever I sat down to work, I holed myself in the library study room for five hours on Sunday and Monday. Saturday and Sunday I went to bed at 4 a.m. and woke up five hours later. Monday I was up researching libel cases until 7 a.m., only to wake up less than two hours later and return to the case hunt.

It's strange how the less sleep I get, the more productive I seem to be. Thinking I'd fall right asleep right after getting in bed around 11 p.m. Tuesday, I instead lay awake thinking about how much I wanted to write write write for a living.

That's the best part of this finals week and this whole semester, which comprised only of journalism classes. Writing 24 double spaced pages in five days has only bolstered my desire to keep writing. Good thing I've got this blog to dump those desires onto!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License