Saturday, October 27, 2007

New Career for Me

I have found a new calling in life, and boy is this one a perfect blend of my skills. Ready....drum roll please...I've decided I'm going to be a telenovela writer. That's right, you know those enormously overdramatic soap operas full of jealousy, passion, and intrigue all in rapid-fire Spanish. Turns out I'm not half bad at writing them. I mean what other job lets you use call someone a love-thief and warn them of being pushed off a building by a deranged and supposed best friend.

In my Spanish class we have to work in groups to write and perform a mini telenovela. When we started working on this on Monday, my group and I just sat there blankly, unsure how to begin. Nickie suggested we have someone in a coma, and it just took off from there. It's ridiculous, we've now got a three women chasing after the same man, someone falling off a roof, an attempted poisoning and of course, the token revelation of pregnancy (which gets to be my little surprise).

As you can see, I'm having an enjoyable Saturday. Once I finish the script, I'll translate the whole story for you to read in all its glory.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License