Monday, July 7, 2008

Now that's what I call customer service

Dell may not make the best computers (or so says my brother), but what they possibly lack in construction, they more than make up for in customer service. And for that reason I'll probably always remain a Dell girl. Now, I've encountered more than my fair share of problems in the three years I've owned this laptop, but each time a Dell customer service rep has patiently walked me through how to fix it, whether it took thirty minutes or two hours.

A Dell contractor just left my house after replacing my monitor, whose left speaker hasn't been working for the past few months. While those five minutes were nothing but routine for him, my eyes were wide with trepidation at the way he was ripping out parts and yanking out wires. It was kind of like watching your child undergo surgery. I mean, both are treasured, indispensable and store a lot of memories, right? Anyways, for someone as computer hardware illiterate as I am, the speed and precision at which he was moving left me pretty amazed. Of course, the only thought going through my head while he actually was at work was "Please God please let that not have been the wrong...ooh I didn't know my keyboard was that floppy."

But, I'll assure you the ending was indeed a happy one, and now my volume meter can sit comfortably lower on the scale, instead of permanently at the top as it used to. Plus I now have a brand new, fingerprint-free monitor. Let's see how long it actually stays that way though. Too bad Dell doesn't also have a special home cleaning service.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License