Thursday, July 3, 2008

Birthday Wishes

Getting a phone call from family on your birthday isn't out of the ordinary. But when it's your younger cousins calling from a phone booth 7,300 miles away and 10 hours ahead, you realize how nice it is to have people who care.

Exactly one year ago, I was celebrating my 20th birthday with my relatives in India, who I hadn't seen in four years. My cousin Sumegha, whose birthday is two days after mine, and I had a joint celebration, and low-key as it was, I couldn't have wished for anything more. And even today is shaping up to be another pretty good birthday, that phone call has just made the birthday smile etched onto my face a little wider.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License