Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I heart Internet access

FINALLY! I have proper internet access again!!!!!!!!

In the past few days, I've realized that it´s not so much that we take the internet and cellphones for granted (although we do), but that we take having immediate access to them for granted. If nothing else, this is what I've learned in the past four days. How am I supposed to keep up with my life without immediate internet access?!?! I guess we'll find out, though now that I've started classes and the university´s library is open all day, I guess it'll be easier. And, luckily, there's an internet cafe right across the street from my apartment.

I'm in Spain now, (if you hadn't already guessed) and despite all my last minute jitters, the trip over was fine. I exchanged money before leaving the US, found my connecting gate without any problems, and the taxi ride went smoothly, and as was even cheaper than I thought. Strangely, the trip went by extremely quickly, which doesn't usually happen with me and plane rides. I don´t really know what I was feeling on my way over; "me da igual" is the only way I can think to put it, which basically translates to "I don't care."

I'm in the library of my university and I can't even begin to explain how good it feels to just be on a computer where I don´t have a time limit and I don't have to pay for access.

I've begun chronicling my actual time abroad on another blog - La Vida Madrileña, so I won't repeat everything here. Obviously, I'll be updating that as regularly as I can, and I´m not sure what I'm going to be putting here, but I don't plan on abandoning this one.

Bueno, vamos a ver...

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License