Saturday, August 4, 2007

A Lesson About Pea-ple

Continuing with my newfound domesticity, I just finished shelling a bagful of peas that my mom was extremely excited about finding at our local grocery store. (Usually we only come across the frozen variety.) While enjoying the rare moment of solitude the peapods brought, I realized that the old adage about not judging a book by its cover applied to peas as well. While most of the long, thick pods I opened contained healthy, robust peas, there was the occasional giant pod that surprised me with the smallest and dantiest of peas. Conversely, some of the smaller pods, from which I wasn't really expecting much, yielded firm, fat peas. I guess even vegetables can be full of surprises.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License